Re: Code pages

BUT lowercase u umlaut is one that does display correctly in draft or
Graphic view, whether I type it using my keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift ",
followed by u), or Ctrl+Alt 129 or 783. What value/keystroke are you using?
I took umlauted "a" as a test. Non-Tame graphics mode shows a different set
of wrong renderings of the characters. I didn't type in the umlauted "a"
but the hex value of the character in question, which I got off the web, is
E4. If my math is right, that's decimal 228. Note that the character shows
up in Eudora correctly (I'm pasting it below this line):
The umlauted "u" is apparently 252 decimal, but that doesn't show up at all in Eudora. I can't even get LIST.COM to show it--not even with surrounding regular low-order ascii. When a TYPE the SAvedDef segment, I see:
nr

Which should be "f[umlauted u]r".

Oh well.

Harry Binswanger